Customizable e-Reader publishing platform
2013 - 2016
Multi-platform software application to facilitate the publication of independent story teller's works. Customizable and themed e-Reader which establishes book content in an embedded manner and provides additional reading resources such as images, questions and web links to other external resources associated with content.
Project also involves additional software for :
Embedded document kitting (Transformation of literature document into format acceptable for e-Reader appliciation.)
Hair Salon Management Suite
2013 - 2014
Client data management
Stock inventory management - purchase orders, invoice matching, sales and purchase ledgers
Colour and treatment management (Skin test control and treatment history)
Client appointment scheduling
Data resource management (backup, data resilience)
Medical software system maintenance and support
2010 - 2011
Software development, sales and support
2010 - 2014
Software project management, development & support
2008 - 2009
· Constructing software design specifications and staged application development. Please ask for portfolio of work carried out.
· Database applications support and some bespoke development of mission critical information management systems. Some freelance software development work also.
· Main application development environments used ? vb.NET 2005 / 2008, Jabaco (Web apps. & desktop apps.)
Software Systems Engineering
2006 - 2008
Research, Development & Support
2003 - 2006
· Systems builder for retail outlets & commercial food logistics business. C++ on Unix and Windows based system interfaced to Portable Data Collection Units.
· Provided consultancy service to fifteen clients in wholesale / supermarket retail
· Product & Services sales management.
· Maintained 2nd level technical support contracts for clients.
· Provision of Gold 24 hour technical on call assistance.
· Client facing and business generation skills through developing and maintaining business connections.
Group development & support leader
1997 - 2003
· Performed On site installations and system acceptance testing, as well as normal day-to-day operations within the working environment. Supported and developed bespoke modules for Torex Retail Storemaster & Storemanager II using KCML language & Seachange 4GL dev. Environments.
· Provided Technical support (1st & 2nd level) for up to thirty different retail and wholesale sites, maintaining communications infrastructure and data security through development of in house tools.
· Undertook Risk analysis for Y2K & Euro changeover issues on client sites. Much of the work involved rewriting application code / converting user data files. Y2K project involved over thirty separate sites and took nine months to document, manage and complete.
· Customer and in house training for new recruits. Produced training documentation
Mentored 1st level support staff for hardware / software maintenance duties. ? Managed out of hours support also.
User acceptance testing
· Project managed and constructed test plans for group of software testers : Testing Subscriber Management System for Star TV in Hong Kong, rolled out by News International, UK
· Performed structured testing which lead to fault finding with database record locks in Novell Btrieve.